Contractors for the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Fargo District and City of Fargo 10th Street North road reconstruction and infrastructure improvement project will begin work on the 10th Street and 11th Avenue North intersection on Monday, July 30.
Traffic control changes on Monday includes:
- East/west crossing at the 11th Avenue N and 10th Street North intersection will close
- Pedestrian crossing to travel north and south will remain across the intersection
- 11th Avenue North will remain open to local traffic only
- Residential driveways in the 1100 block will remain accessible by use of the 12th Avenue North and 10th Street N intersection along with the alley on the west side of 10th Street N
Next week crews will begin grading operations between 8th Avenue to 10th Avenue with paving operations between 8th Avenue to 9th Avenue on the mainline of 10th Street N between 8th Avenue and 10th Avenue.
Two crews are working on the north and south blocks of the 10th Street N reconstruction project on underground utilities and improving the roadway surface. An additional crew continue work under the railroad underpass on the new lift station.
Throughout the duration of the reconstruction and infrastructure improvement project:
- CLOSED BLOCKS OF 10TH STREET NORTH: 10th Street between 4th – 6th Avenue, 10th Street between 7th – 11th Avenue, with intersections of 8th, 10th, and 11th Avenue closed
- DRIVER DETOUR ROUTE: University Drive between 4th – 12th Avenue N, one-lane in each direction with left-hand turn lanes
- BIKE DETOUR ROUTE: 11th Street N, 4th and 6th Avenue N, and Roberts Street
- SIDEWALKS: Maintained for use on both sides of 10th Street N including the west sidewalk through the railroad underpass
As a reminder, this construction project is to replace aging infrastructure and continuing the city-wide effort to upgrade services for residents and businesses on 10th Street N from 4th Avenue N to 12th Avenue N. By the completion of the project in late fall, north Fargo drivers, residents and businesses will have new concrete driving surface, new curb and gutter, street lights, sidewalks, city utilities, new lift station and the installation of a 30” sanitary sewer force main throughout the project limits.