Do you and your community need funding to get an energy efficiency or renewable energy project off the ground? The Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) can help!
CERTs seeks to provide Seed Grants to support the labor costs for clean energy projects that spur community development in Minnesota. Project proposals should be for community-based energy efficiency and renewable energy projects that also provide forums for community education about the technologies and their economic, ecological, and community benefits.
“Since 2006, CERTs has awarded more than $1.2 million to over 355 projects,” said Lissa Pawlisch, Clean Energy Resource Teams Director. “Those projects ranged from energy efficiency for a food cooperative to solar power for schools, and much more.”
Specific examples of projects from each region in the last round of Seed Grant awards:
- Central: Brainerd - Flipping the switch on LED lighting at Discovery Woods School
- Metro: Northern Suburbs - Are municipal electric vehicle fleets a worthwhile investment?
- Northeast: Duluth - Ecolibrium3’s solar garden benefits veterans and families in need
- Northwest: Warren - Thermal imaging with drones helps building improvements take off
- Southeast: Red Wing - Southeast MN getting charged up about electric vehicles!
- Southwest: Jackson - Federated Rural Electric leads by example with LED lighting
- West Central: Cold Spring - Solar panels the newest addition to ROCORI outdoor classroom
CERTs offers many tools and resources to help you plan your project, so get started today! Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:00pm on Friday, October 11th, 2019. Learn more and apply at cleanenergyresourceteams.org/seedgrants.
Funding for these projects is provided through the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources.