For Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, March 20, West Fargo Public Schools will provide free meals for children due to the COVID-19 school closure. Grab & Go breakfasts and lunches will be provided at the following sites at the times specified below.
Please look for a yellow school bus at these locations:
11:00 – 11:30 AM Distribution Times
- Buena Vista Neighborhood: Near Community Mailboxes on Montego Avenue, Fargo ND
- Berger Elementary School: 631 4th Avenue E, West Fargo ND
- Petro Truck Stop Neighborhood: Intersection of 21st Avenue South and 49th Street South, Fargo ND
- South Elementary School: 117 6th Avenue W, West Fargo ND
- Willow Park Elementary School: 4901 15th Avenue S, Fargo ND
12:00 – 12:30 PM. Distribution Times
- Meadow Ridge Neighborhood: 23rd Street East Cul-de-sac, Northeast of Meadow Ridge Parkway, West Fargo ND
- Village West Dog Park: 4415 9th Avenue Circle South, Fargo ND
- Rasmussen College: 4012 19th Avenue South, Fargo ND
- Sheyenne High School: 800 40th Avenue East, West Fargo ND
Free meals will be available for any child up to the age of 18 (up to 21 if receiving special education services). Under the USDA guidelines, children must be present to receive the meal and to allow the school district to receive reimbursements from the state and federal government. In instances where health concerns keep a child at home in order to protect the health and wellbeing of the community, exceptions may be made onsite. The school district will seek alternate funding sources for these special cases.
The sites listed above are solely for the pick-up of meals. There will be no accommodations available for meals to be consumed on site. Meals will be distributed for a 30-minute period, or until all meals have been distributed, whichever occurs first. As this is an evolving process, we may run short of meals. If that happens, we will make appropriate adjustments in the days that follow.
The locations of our meal distribution sites met the requirements established by the USDA and the Child Nutrition Unit of the ND Department of Public Instruction.
The ongoing distribution of meals will be announced as school closure decisions are made going forward.