Sat, Mar 12th, 2022 - 10:30pm
Please Note: Due to technical issues at the State Capitol, the following are notes from the Press Conference:
- Today's report has a low number of tests.
- Testing is available around the state.
- Lower number of positives due to testing numbers does not satisfy White House criteria, Burgum says
- 9th in the nation in per capita test rate
- Today's reported positive rate is 5.9%
- North Dakota Smart Vulnerable Population Protection Plan has been unveiled.
- It protects vulnerable North Dakotans, minimizes staff movement across facilities, identifies and isolates positive cases to slow spread and provide rapid response teams to conduct testing and cleaning efforts
- Chris Jones, of the Department of Human Services, says the state will be more directive as to the proper protocol
- The effort is planned to be kicked off tomorrow
- There is one amendment to an executive order.
- Local health officers now have local control of the quarantine orders
- CARE19 app has been launched in the Android market.
- One of the tools allowing to return to larger events
- Commerce Commissioner Michelle Kommer says that businesses are working to open certain groups of businesses
- Burgum says final guidance of self-employed (gig) workers should come in tomorrow.
- First payment WILL INCLUDE BACKPAY
- "I'm confident we're going to make great strides between now and then," Burgum says of the May 1 possible opening date.