Cause of fire at NDSU determined


Officials with the Fargo Fire Department have determined the cause of a fire at NDSU's Ladd Hall last Thursday.

At 12:44 p.m. last Thursday, firefighters were dispatched to a fire at the hall. Upon their arrival on scene, a fire was found in one of the chemistry labs.

Fire officials say the blaze originated in the first floor lab on a desk. The cause has been determined to have been a result of a solution of chemicals, which were placed in a combustible container. The container was located on top of devices designed to heat and/or stir.

Fire officials say the chemicals were left unattended.