This morning, the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum unveiled the officially licensed Carson Wentz and Thundar NDSU High Five Bobblehead. The bobblehead is part of a first-of-its-kind series featuring 12 current stars from MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and the NCAA high-fiving their team’s mascot and is the first featuring Carson Wentz and Thundar together.
The limited edition bobbleheads, which are individually numbered to only 1,000, recently arrived and ship now. The bobbleheads are $60 each with a flat rate shipping charge of $8 per order. The bobbleheads were produced by FOCO and are officially licensed. These are the first bobbleheads produced featuring a player high-fiving their team’s mascot.
Carson Wentz was the most prolific quarterback in North Dakota State history before being selected second overall by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2016 NFL Draft. During his five years at NDSU, the team won five NCAA FCS National Championships. Wentz became the starting quarterback during his junior year and led the Bison to National Championships in 2014 and 2015. Not only did Wentz excel on the field, but he graduated with a degree in health and physical education, finishing with a 4.0 GPA and earning Academic All-American Honors. After accumulating multiple NFL and Eagles rookie records during the 2016 season, Wentz led the Eagles to an 11-2 record in 2017 before a season-ending injury in week 14. His tremendous performance during the first 14 weeks of the season was instrumental in positioning the Eagles’ for their first Super Bowl Championship when they defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII.
The series of officially licensed bobbleheads features the following stars from MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and the NCAA high-fiving their teams’ mascot:
- MLB: Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo with Clark (Chicago Cubs) and Yadier Molina with Fredbird (St. Louis Cardinals)
- NFL: Dak Prescott with Rowdy (Dallas Cowboys) and Tom Brady with Pat Patriot (New England Patriots)
- NBA: Dirk Nowitzki with Champ (Dallas Mavericks), James Harden with Clutch (Houston Rockets), Giannis Antetokounmpo with Bango (Milwaukee Bucks), Russell Westbrook with Rumble the Bison (Oklahoma City Thunder)
- NHL: Patrick Kane with Tommy Hawk (Chicago Blackhawks)
- NCAA: Carson Wentz with Thundar (North Dakota State University) and J.J. Watt with Bucky Badger (Wisconsin Badgers)
"We’re always thinking of ideas for unique and fun new bobbleheads, and the High Five Bobblehead Series certainly fits in that category with the high five being the ultimate symbol of success and celebration,” said Phil Sklar, Co-Founder and CEO of the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum. “This inaugural group of players feature some of the biggest stars in sports, and Carson Wentz bobbleheads have been among our best sellers over the past couple years. We think Bison fans are going to love this new bobblehead which is the first featuring Carson with Thundar.”