Fargo Apartment Sustains Damage From Fire


The Fargo Fire Department says an apartment has sustained damage following a fire in its kitchen Wednesday afternoon.

At 3:24 p.m., the Fargo Fire Department responded to the call at 2401 33rd Avenue South, where it was reported to have had a fire in the kitchen of one of the apartments.

The tenant of the second floor apartment met firefighters at the door, stating she had a fire in her apartment. Firefighters discovered a fire in the kitchen.

The fire was extinguished within five minutes. Damage in the fire was contained to the stove and range hood area, along with some of the counter top. The fire started when a pan of oil on the stovetop got too warm and ignited.