(Fargo, ND) -- Animal admirers and music lovers alike will have a hoot when The Arts Partnership’s TAPpy Hour Summer Music Series lands at the Red River Zoo Wednesday.
These 60-minute concerts, sponsored by Xcel Energy with support from 702 Communications, will provide fun, intimate musical experiences for audience members on the lawn in front of the Zoo’s carousel pavilion. The one-hour performances will be held on Wednesday evenings from July 7th through August 11th at the Red River Zoo. The first performance kicks off the series on July 7 at 5:30 p.m.
The series will open with Buffalo River Singers and the REM Jazz Trio, featuring Russell Peterson, Eric Martens and Max Johnk. Additional performances in the July-August series include:
- Wednesday, July 14th, alt country singer/songwriter David Allen
- Wednesday, July 21st, Kicks Band of Fargo-Moorhead and the Navy Band Great Lakes
- Wednesday, July 28th, singer Sarah Morrau, with Rebekka DeVries on piano
- Wednesday, August 4th, Silver Winds Flute Quartet
- Wednesday, August 11th, Hip-hop vocalist and DJ Cold Sweat
Concerts are free with regular zoo admission, and free for zoo members and children under age two. Admission to the concert only is $5 for adults and $3 for children.