(Fargo, ND) -- While more and more jobs become available, it appears Fargo is pulling towards the front when it comes to recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The economy gained 235,000 jobs in August, and the national unemployment rate is now 5.2%, which is 65% below the peak of 14.8% during the height of the pandemic. To provide more context at the city level, WalletHub has released its report on the Cities Whose Unemployment Rates Are Bouncing Back Most, as a follow-up to the report on the States Whose Unemployment Claims Are Recovering the Quickest.
Change in Fargo Unemployment Due to Coronavirus (1=Most Recovered, 90=Avg.):
28.45% Change in Unemployment (August 2021 vs August 2019)
- 1,702 unemployed people in August 2021 vs 1,325 in August 2019;
- 69th best recovery in the U.S.
-7.25% Change in Unemployment (August 2021 vs January 2020)
- 1,702 unemployed people in August 2021 vs 1,835 in January 2020;
- 16th best recovery in the U.S.
-52.02% Change in Unemployment (August 2021 vs August 2020)
- 1,702 unemployed people in August 2021 vs 3,547 in August 2020;
- 30th best recovery in the U.S.
2.30% Official Unemployment Rate (August 2021) (Adjusted Rate*: 2.43%)
- 2nd lowest unemployment rate in the U.S.
To view the full report, click here.