Tue, Sep 14th, 2021 - 8:15am
(Moorhead, MN) -- The Main Street underpass project in Moorhead continues to press on.
City officials say project is approximately 88% complete. Current work and accomplishments include:
- Both the BNSF and OTVR railroad tracks are completed and operational.
- Approximately 70% of excavation has been completed (204,000 cubic yards). The remaining excavation is expected to be completed by approximately December 20.
- Approximately 87,000 feet of structural support piling (95% of total contract amount) has been installed.
- Concrete paving of SE Main Avenue near the Moorhead Youth Hockey Arena was completed to allow the second driveway access to the MYHA parking lot to be open after Thanksgiving.
Upcoming Milestones include:
- Complete remaining excavation; anticipated December 20, 2021
- No construction planned from approximately December 20 through early March 2022
- Complete underpass and open to traffic; anticipated June 2022
- Complete BNSF wye track and close 1st Ave S to through traffic; anticipated June 2022