(Fargo, ND)--The Fargo Police Department and Fargo Fire Department responded to an apartment building in the 4700 block of 46th Street South and found high levels of carbon monoxide.
Officers received a call the morning of December 22 for a welfare check on a resident of the apartment building. Upon arriving the individual was found unresponsive in their apartment. The resident was transported to an emergency room. Their condition is unknown at this time. Carbon monoxide levels were found to be high in the resident’s apartment as well as the hallway outside of their apartment. One other resident was transported to an emergency room after reporting symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officers and firefighters were able to contact every resident within the building and offered medical help as needed. Officers are assisting Fire Department crews in ventilating the building.
The Fargo Police Department and Fargo Fire Department encourage all residents to have operational carbon monoxide detectors in their homes and to ensure batteries are changed as needed. It is unknown at this time if the resident had an operational detector in their apartment.