(Fargo, ND)--Fargo Cass Public Health (FCPH) is inviting businesses and organizations to participate in distribution of COVID-19 at-home test kits. Those choosing to participate can distribute kits either internally (for employees and staff use) or externally (for general public use). The at-home test kits are provided by the North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) with funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
This new program is intended to supplement the on-going federal program already in place that allows for every home in the U.S. to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. To learn more about the current federal program, visit covidtests.gov.
Cass County businesses and organizations that are interested in becoming a distribution location are invited to complete the online contact form found on the FCPH website (www.FargoCassPublicHealth.com/covidtestkits) or call 701.241.1360 for more information.
FCPH provides at-home test kits for pick up from two locations:
Main FCPH building (1240 25th St. S., Fargo):
· Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Distribution will take place in the front corridor; please follow signage and use the west entrance.
FCPH COVID-19 test site (3051 25th St. S., Fargo):
· Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Quick Facts Related to Test Kits:
• As part of the initial order, two types of tests have arrived for distribution:
o Celltrion (approved for individuals age 14 and older)
o iHealth (approved for people age two and older)
• There is no cost for the test kits.
• Individuals do not need to report their at-home test results to NDDoH.
• It is recommended that citizens pick up tests as needed, with a start of two tests per household member.
• Additional distribution locations will be listed online: http://health.nd.gov/covidtesting.
• Those needing a validated result or a letter for travel or other official purpose should seek testing from a health care provider or from a local public health testing site.
• Additional information about self-testing is available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/self-testing.html