(Fargo, ND) -- The Fargo Fire Department has determined what caused a house fire in which two people died last month.
The fire happened January 26th at 1418 2nd Ave. S. Authorities say the blaze "appears to have started at an overheated electrical receptacle located in the kitchen that ignited nearby combustible materials," according to Fargo FD. It is not clear if smoke alarms were located in the house, which did not have a fire sprinkler system.
The couple who died in the blaze are identified as Jean and Garnet Blouin. Jean was 88 and Garnet was 91.