(Fargo, ND) -- Some good news for a group of Fargo businesses when it comes to serving alcohol.
Alcohol compliance checks were performed in Fargo on August 9th. In total, 10 businesses were checked all passed, resulting in a 100% compliance rate.
Fargo business that passed include:
- 701 Eateries – 701 North University Drive
- Baymont by Wyndham – 1340 21st Avenue South
- Beer & Fish Company – 230 Roberts Alley
- Blaze Pizza – 1443 42nd Street South
- Cowboy Jacks – 506 Broadway North
- Izumi - 5050 13th Avenue South
- Old Broadway – 22 Broadway North
- Plaza Azteca - 5505 28th Avenue South
- Tailgators Sports Café – 1322 Main Avenue
- The Toasted Frog – 305 Broadway North
Several times a year, the Fargo Cass Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention Program partners with local law enforcement agencies to carry out alcohol compliance checks in Fargo, West Fargo, and Cass County. The intent of the checks is to ensure alcohol retailers are not selling any alcohol to minors.
Penalties noted below for Fargo reference ‘Server Training’, an alcohol misuse prevention class for servers that teaches safe serving techniques and best practices to avoid over-serving. City Ordinances in Fargo require the class.
- First offense - $500 penalty. This penalty may be waived if the person serving the alcoholic beverages, as well as the management, have current server training certificates. Server Training will be required within 30 days for any employee or member of management not current with Server Training. There will be no license sanction on a first offense.
- Second offense - $750 penalty. No license sanction penalty.
- Third offense - $1,000 penalty - for Class "AB", "A" and "B" license holders, one-day suspension of license (liquor sales only) with the date selected by licensee within 30 days of either occurrence of the offense or final decision upon appeal. For all other classes of liquor licenses, two days suspension of liquor sales only.
Additional penalties can be viewed by visiting the Fargo Municipal Code.