(Fargo, ND) -- Fargo Public Schools officials are trying to fill positions for special education teachers.
FPS has over 25 job listings online for special education educators.
Superintendent Dr. Rupak Gandhi has recently told WDAY Radio that the positions tend to be the hardest to fill. Gandhi says the district is also trying to address staff shortages for roles such as counselors, custodians, and food service workers.
The district has also updated its substitute pay structures for this school year.
For the 2022-2023 school year, Fargo Public Schools’ daily teacher substitute pay structures will be the following:
- Certified educators that retired from FPS and sub in a classroom will be paid at the daily rate they retired at, not to exceed the highest rate of the teacher’s salary schedule.
- Certified educators that retired from other school districts and sub in a classroom will be paid $200 per day. Certified retired educators from other districts will be required to provide proof of retirement to the Human Resources Office.
- A daily substitute (long term assignment days are not eligible) that completes a combination of 25 days that fall on Mondays, Fridays, and/or days preceding a holiday will be provided a bonus of $1,500 dollars at the end of the school year (the school year concludes on June 1, 2023). Portions of days worked will be added into the total of full days worked to get the sum of total days worked at the end of the school year. The current $130 bonus available for daily subs that work 12 days will no longer be provided.
- The daily rate for teacher substitutes that carry a two-year interim sub license will be $130 per day.
- The daily rate for teacher substitutes that carry a regular teaching license will be $150 per day.
For more information on the Special Education openings, as well as other job opportunities in the Fargo Public School District, click here.