(Fargo, ND) -- It's almost time for some of Fargo Public Schools newest students to be registered.
Beginning Wednesday, February 1st, the Fargo Public School District will open enrollment for the 2023-24 school year for Kindergartners.
"Fargo Public Schools encourages all families who anticipate sending a child to kindergarten within the School District for the next school year to register their child as soon as possible," said Associate Superintendent Missy Eidsness. "Registering early assists the District in planning adequate staffing and classroom materials for the coming school year."
It takes two steps to register for Kindergarten in FPS, which include:
- Complete online registration forms by clicking here.
- Submit proper documentation to get registered.
Parents are asked to upload or bring the following documents to the child’s school by August 28 to finalize registration:
- Child’s certified birth certificate (or other form of identity)
- Child’s immunization record with 5-year shots
- Documents (i.e. current city utility bill or bank statement) that includes parent/guardian name and current address for verification
If a parent or guardian does not know which school their child will attend, you can check here, or call (701) 446-1043.
If a parent or guardian needs help in PowerSchool, which is the Fargo Public Schools online registration software, you're asked to please call (701) 446-1030.