UND Apartment Complex evacuated after fire

Photo by: WDAY Radio Staff
Photo by: WDAY Radio Staff

(Grand Forks, ND) -- Occupants of a unit at Carleton Court Apartments are temporarily displaced after an oven fire.

The University of North Dakota apartments in the 500 block of Carleton Court were evacuated Monday afternoon after a blaze broke out in an oven.

Damages were limited to the oven with moderate smoke damage to the unit and adjoining hallway. The residents of the unit are being assisted by UND Housing.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unintentional and no one was hurt.