The City of Fargo currently has one opening on its Native American Commission. Residents are encouraged to apply for an appointment to the commission by visiting www.FargoND.gov/GettingInvolved. Applications will begin to be reviewed on December 6 and applying before that date is encouraged and appreciated.
Name of Board: Native American Commission
Opening(s): One (1) Commissioner
- First Thursday of each month at 12 p.m.
Average Time Commitment: One to ten (1-10) hours per month
· Develops recommendations for City of Fargo participation in Native American projects/programs.
· Investigates and records inventory of local Native American cultural assets.
· Evaluates existing information on local Native American assets and needs.
· Provides oversight to City-funded Native American projects, programs and facilities.
In addition to this opening, residents are encouraged to research and apply for appointment to any of the boards, commissions and committees for consideration of future vacancies.
Mayor Tim Mahoney stated, “We are actively seeking applicants with backgrounds and experiences to effectively represent the people of Fargo. Please consider serving your city.”