(Fargo, ND) -- Fargo Police say they are investigating several cases involving people who allege they were drugged while consuming alcohol at various bars in Downtown Fargo. FPD says they are committed to thoroughly investigating each such inciden, but right now cannot connect theses incidents to a specific person or location. The cases were said to have occurred over the last 30 days
FPD PRESS RELEASE:
The Fargo Police Department is investigating several cases from the last 30 days involving persons who allege they were drugged while consuming alcohol at various liquor establishments in downtown Fargo. The Department is committed to thoroughly investigating each incident, but the collection of evidence in a timely manner has provided significant challenges. At this time, we have been unable to connect these incidents to a specific person or location.As a result, we feel it is important to notify community members, specifically females, to be attentive when consuming alcohol at any establishment, and suggest the following tips:
· Don’t allow people you don’t know or trust to order drinks or deliver them to you.
· Watch your drink at all times
· Never leave your drink unattended
· Keep your hand on your drink, covering it when you’re not looking at it
If you believe you or someone you know has been drugged, seek medical attention immediately, and call police in order to allow for the timely collection of critical bodily fluid evidence necessary to prove a case. Our officers have been provided specific guidelines regarding the investigation of these cases, and we appreciate the cooperation of the victim.
Some signs to watch for include:
· Feeling drunk despite not having consumed any alcohol
· Feeling confused or disoriented
· Losing consciousness
· You are nauseous, sleepy, and have a loss of reflexes
· Waking up feeling confused, hungover, or unable to recall the night befor