Cause for Dilworth apartment fire revealed

Photo by: WDAY Radio Staff
Photo by: WDAY Radio Staff

(DIlworth, MN) -- We now know the cause of a Wednesday morning apartment fire in Dilworth that severely damaged a unit inside and left some residents displaced.

The State Fire Marshal says the fire was an accident. The dog that was rescued from the apartment off Highway 10 near the Walmart had attempted to get on the stove to get food that was cooking an accidentally turned the stove's other burners on.

Damage was limited to the unit that caught fire. One person was treated for smoke inhalation.

Dilworth Fire reminding you to never leave your stove unattended, and to keep your cooking area free from flammable items.

You can find the original story on the fire by clicking here.