(Fargo, ND) -- As it turns out, North Dakota and our neighbors to the East are pretty happy.
Personal Finance Website Wallethub's latest report has the Peace Garden State as the 5th happiest in the country, while Minnesota actually comes in higher at 2nd happiest.
The study took into account 31 key indicators of happiness, including depression rate and the positive COVID-19 testing rate to income growth and the unemployment rate.
Other key indicators of note for North Dakota include:
- 19th – % of Depressed Adults
- 8th – Adequate-Sleep Rate
- 1st – Long-Term Unemployment Rate
- 10th – Volunteer Rate
- 2nd – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 18th – Safety
- 12th – COVID-19 Positive Tests in the Past Week per Capita
Utah ending up taking home the happiest state title, while West Virginia finished last as the most unhappy state in the country.
You can see the full study by clicking here.